Vietnam Education Foundation Fellowship 2019 Program is offered by Vietnam Education Foundation Science & Technology Development Association (VEFSTA). Get the VEF Fellowship 2019 Application Form & check the eligibility criteria details first. This fellowship program is running near round from 14 years and which was created by US Congress in 2003.
About Vietnam Education Foundation Fellowship 2019:
The Vietnam Education Foundation (VEF) Fellowship program is one of the most important component created by the U.S. Congress since 2003 to strengthen the bilateral relationship between the Unites States and Vietnam through education exchange activities. During its 14 years active operation, With the help of VEF fellowship program, a bridge/link have been created between Vietnam and the Unites States and has established a process that enables young, talented Vietnamese students to get admission to study in Top U. S. Universities.
The Vietnam Education Foundation Fellowship is conducted by VEF Alumni who graduated from leading U.S. Universities and Sponsored by the Vietnam Foundation, the VET fellowship programme inherits and leverages the rigorous interview and selection process. Candidates will be selected for this fellowship program through a highly competitive, open and transparent process.
The VEF maintains high standards of excellence by selecting only top students who demonstrate the ability to thrive in an U.S. academic setting. This programme strongly prefers Ph.D. candidates who are recently a graduate (including young college faculty) in order to produce young scientists and faculty for Vietnam. Refer the full page for further info such as eligibility criteria to apply, selection criteria, deadline date, applying procedure etc. about VEF fellowship 2019.
Vietnam Education Foundation Fellowship 2019 | Eligibility Criteria:
- Candidate must be a Vietnamese by citizenship, no enrollment from other countries will be accepted.
- Applicants must be at least graduate by degree no later than August 1, 2020 in an eligible field of study.
- At least 7.0/10.0 Grade Point Average (GPA) is required from a college or universities.
- The candidate must demonstrate sufficient English language Proficiency by submitting a valid TOEFL score card on the internet based test (iBT) or an IELTS Score card. Or Bachelor’s or Master’s degree will accepted from an English-Speaking country.
- All students must submit their scores of the GRE General Test taken no earlier than June 15, 2014.
- Candidates who wish to apply must choose their filed of study in science, Technology, engineering, mathematics, and medicine or any other offered by that particular programme.
Benefits of Vietnam Education Foundation Fellowship 2019:
- The VEF 2.0 Program provides letters of recommendation from prominent U.S. professors and VEF Alumni who have Ph.D. degrees from leading U.S. universities.
- The VEF 2.0 Program offers regular both offline and online advising meetings and a broad network of VEF Alumni and Fellows who are studying at U.S. universities and can serve as mentors to support applicants during the application process.
- The VEF 2.0 Program will organize a Pre-Departure Orientation (PDO), tentatively in the first week of June 2020, before the Fellows depart for the United States. The PDO prepares them with important issues regarding academic matters, cultural differences, financial arrangements, as well as legal issues. Included in the PDO is an outdoor team-building event.
- The VEF 2.0 Program has no requirements regarding visa or future work commitment. The Fellows will study in the U.S. under the F-1 visa granted by their prospective university.
- The winners of the program (VEF 2.0 Fellows) will join the existing community of VEF Fellows and Scholars, a growing network of researchers and professionals studying/graduated from leading graduate programs in science and technology in the U.S.
Formalities Required to Apply for Vietnam Education Foundation Fellowship 2019:
To apply for the VEF 2.0 program online application, applicant must have the following information and documents:
- Degree Certificate and Transcripts
- Evidence of English Language Proficiency
- At least 80 numbers are required in TOEFL on the internet based test
- Minimum 6.5 score on an IELTS exam taken not earlier than June 15, 2017
- Degree from an English Speaking Country
- GRE Score Report
- Statement of Purpose
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Other Desired Documents
Vietnam Education Foundation Fellowship Deadline Date 2019:
All Applicants who want to apply for the above said fellowship must apply by deadline date June 15, 2019