What is scope of Homeopathy in India? If you are also want the answer of this question then you are at right place! Check Scope of Homeopathy in India: Career Opportunities, Salary and Job Duties details. Homeopathy can become a good career option if you are looking for it. You have to get admission in Bachelors of Homeopathy Science / MD in Homeopathy to become doctor in Homeopathy.
Homeopathy: Brief Introduction:
The word Homeopathy comes from Greek Language and it includes combination of two words i.e. ‘Homeo’ which means ‘similar’ and pathos in it stands for ‘treatment by the same’. The method of Homeopathy discovered by a German physician, named “Samuel Hoahnemann” over 200 years ago. Homeopathy is that unique branch of medical science, which deals with ailment by administering highly diluted remedies to fight diseases as well as their symptoms.
Homeopathy is simply based on “Similarity Law” or in other words we can say “Like Cures Like.” In basic language, we can conclude that the remedy or substance used to cure is that substance which shows the same negative symptoms in healthy individuals, if it is given in a large dose. And then these similar substances combat the illness to its root cause, thereby imparting a better health & healing. In below section many more info regarding Career & Scope in Homeopathy are given, if you are interested please do have a look over it.
Homeopathy as a career option:
There is lot of myths going on in Indian education corridors, that homeopathy does not give us a good career option. But the fact is just opposite of that; there are plenty of job opportunities in that particular field of medical science in Indian as well as abroad. A well trained Homeopathic doctor who have achieved any relevant/ required degree, can get employment as a Medical Officer/ Doctor/ Assistant Doctor/ Assistant Professor/ Professor at various private and Govt. Homeopathic Hospitals/ Medical College.
Scope of Homeopathic in India and Career Opportunities:
Apart from the above said career option, a professional homeopathic doctor can also start their career in Homeopathic by opening their own Pharmacy. Homeopathic doctors who have gained some experience can also work in different industries which are engaged in homeopathic field. Doctors degree holder in Homeopathic can also choose research field as their career option, as there is huge demand of researchers in Homeopathic.
Careers In Homeopathic: How to become a Homeopathic doctor?
- The very first point that a candidate must follow in order to become a Homeopathic doctor is to choose Medical Stream (Physics, Chemistry, & Biology) in their intermediation or 12th
- After that, students need to study Medicine Course for 5 years, with one year of house surgncy or they can do any four year diploma of the same related field.
- Aspirants can also choose any bachelor’s degree course in Homeopathy science (BHMS) which is provided by many universities/ colleges in India.
- After pursing Bachelor’s degree, one can also go for MD Course in Homeopathy. But student who want to pursue their MD Degree in Homeopathy must note that it can only be done after completing a BHMS degree.
- Thereafter, the students of Homeopathy may go for further research fields in Homeopathy.
Universities/ Institutes offering Homeopathy courses:
In this section, readers will find top colleges/ institutes in Homeopathy in India. Students who are interested to pursue Homeopathy courses can do their Bachelor’s as well as Master’s degree courses from these colleges/ universities given below:
- Amrita Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Kerala
- Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore
- National University of Homeopathy, Calcutta
- All Indian Institute of Medical Sciences, Delhi
- University f Health Science, Vijayawda
- Swami Vivekananda Homeopathic Medical College, Bhavnagar
- Bangalore Medical College and Research Institutes
- Armed Force Medical College, Pune
- Homeopathic Medical College & Hospital, Vengurla
- Yerala Homeopathic Medical College and research centre, Mumbai
- Armed Force Medical College, Pune
- Ventutai Yashwantrao Chavan Homeopathic Medical College, Vengurla
- Vasundhra Raje Homeopathic Medical College and Hospital, Gwalior
Some famous Homeopathic Entrance exam in India:
If you are looking to take admission in some of the most reputed colleges/ Universities in India or Abroad then there must be an entrance exam for that. Here you will get a list of entrance exam in Indian for Homeopathy in that section. Check the list below:
- Andhra Pradesh MD Entrance Exam
- Kerala MD Entrance Exams
- Maharashtra APGH-CET- Common Entrance Test
- MD Homeopathy Entrance Exam Andhra Pradesh
- National Institute of Homeopathy (NIH) Kolkata-BHMS Entrance Test
- Delhi University MD Homeo Entrance Examinations
- Anhin Chandra Homeopathic Medical College entrance exam
- MD Homeopathic Entrance exam by Homeopathy University, Jaipur
- Rajasthan PSC Homeopathy Medical Officer Examination
Salary of Homeopathic Doctor in India:
How much can a Homeopathic Doctor Earn? As we have discussed there are three ways to start as a Homeopathic doctor, here we will describe their salary structure in all these sectors:
- Government Sector: In govt. Homeopathy hospitals, the starting salary for a new joiner may be of the range Rs. 30,000 to 40,000 per month. The salary will increase as per their experience & promotion. Usually, the promotion chain is fixed in Govt. sector, candidates should have a look on it before joining.
- Private Sector: The salary in private sector, depends upon the hospital/ institution that a candidate is about to join. Usually, at the initial stage, Rs. 40,000 to 50,000 offered to Homeopathy doctor. After that this salary structure varies as per the popularity/ knowledge/ experience of an individual.
- Own Pharmacy: The third & the most beneficiary sector in terms of earning is to open their own Pharmacy in Homeopathy. There is no limit of earning in this sector. The earning/ salary in this sector depend upon the quality of treatment that is provided by an Homeopathic doctor. The popularity/ Experience increases with respect to time.
Salary of Homeopathic Doctor in US:
As per the Bureau of Labor Statistics, in the US, a Homeopathy doctors earned on an average of US $202,392 per year if he / she practice as primary care and in case of specialists they earned approx US $356,885 per year on an average as Homeopathy Doctors.