The Joint Japan/ World Bank Graduate Scholarship Programme – JJ/WBGSP are inviting the applications from the eligible candidates of Japanese nationals for seeking master’s degree programs starting with academic year 2020-21. The Scholarship programme is open to both men and Women with relevant professional experience and a history of supporting their countries, development efforts for their nations.
The Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program 2020:
Candidates are informed that after competition of their degree programme, scholars will be committed to return their home country to use their skills, knowledge and will contribute to their countries’ social and economic development. JJ/WBGSP provides scholarship for no more than two-year duration to a limited number of Japanese mid-career professionals who are dedicated to the alleviation of poverty and enhanced shared prosperity in developing countries.
Candidates seeking Master’s degree will be offered to take admission in institutions participating in our Preferred (.xlsx 49 KB) and partnership (.xlsx 15 KB) programs. Scroll down to see other info about the joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Programme (JJ/WBGSP) such as eligibility criteria, selection criteria, applying procedure, scholarship benefits and important scheduling etc. in this article.
Eligibility Criteria- Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program 2020:
A brief details of eligibility condition have been listed for the above stated world bank graduate scholarship programme. The details provided in this section are strictly adhered to No exceptions are made.
- Applier must be a Japanese Citizen.
- Applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent university degree which should be earned at least three years before the date of the application deadline.
- He/ She should not be employed by the Government of Japan or its related agencies, including JICA, local governments and the central Bank on or after the date of JJ/WBGSP Scholarship application process opens.
- Candidates should have at least 3 year of paid development-related employment acquired since earning a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent university degree) and acquired within the past six years from the date of the application deadline.
- Contenders should be either admitted unconditionally or currently enrolled full-time in a graduate program outside of Japan in an area of study related to development or currently employed full time in development-related work pertaining directly to developing countries.
Scholarship Benefits: Joint Japan/ World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program-
The Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Programme Provides the following facilities to the final selected candidates for that particular scholarship scheme:
- All scholars will be given economy class air travel between the home country and the host university, when they commence their study programme. In addition to this, applicants will receive a US $500 for each trip as their travel allowance.
- Each candidates will be awarded a monthly living stipend, which covers their all expense related to their study programme and other expenses.
- Scholars of Joint Japanese/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Programme 2020, will also get a fully paid health insurance or the cost of basic medical insurance obtained through the University.
- A monthly subsistence allowance to cover all living expenses such as accommodations, food, books etc. will be offered to the scholars while pursuing their programe in the host universities.
JJ/WBGSP World Bank Scholarship Program 2020 – Selection Procedure
The joint Japanese/World Bank Graduation Scholarship Programme may use the below given steps or rounds to review the eligible scholarship applications from Japanese Nationalists, with the motive to identifying the aspirants with the highest potential, after completing their bachelor’s degree.
Four main factors considered to choose the candidates:
- Quality of Professional Experience and recommendation (40% weightage)
- Quality of Complete Application Form (40% weightage)
- Quality of Education Background and academic recommendation (20% weightage)
How to Apply for JJ/WBGSP World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program 2020?
All readers of this page are informed that an application will be accepted and reviewed if the applicant submits only one completed application electronically through the online application with all desired documentation described in the official notification site by the Application Deadline of noon, Washington D.C time (Eastern Standard Time/ EST) on April 2020*.
Deadline date for JJ/WBGSP 2020:
All willing applicants must submit their online application through the above given guidelines on or before the last date April, 2020. [Last Year Deadline – 11 April 2019]
Important Links Related to Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship 2020:
- JJWBGSP Notification 2020: Click Here !
- Click Here to Check Official Notification 2019
- Click Here to Check Official Web Portal