About GPSC Agriculture officer Syllabus & Exam Pattern 2019: Gujarat GPSC Agriculture Officer Syllabus 2019 (Official) Available now. Check the GPSC Agriculture Officer Exam Pattern & exam tips to crack the written test. Earlier, Gujrat public service commission invited the online form for 101 Agriculture officer, Assistant Professor and Other Posts. The last date for registration online was 31st December 2018. The examination for GPSC Agriculture officer is scheduled to held on 17th March, 2019. Detailed syllabus and examination pattern have been discussed in this article.
GPSC Agriculture Officer Exam 2019:
As we know, GPSC (Gujrat Public Service Commission) has announced the Agriculture Officer Prelims Test Date in the recruitment official notification which is scheduled on March 17, 2019. Huge number of candidates applied for GPSC Recruitment 2018-19 For Advertisement No. 111/2018-19. Under this advertisement 101 posts as Agriculture officer, Assistant Professor & Other Posts will be filed by conducting the written test. The application for this recruitment had started from 15th December 2018 and the last date for registration is 31st December 2018. The examination for GPSC Agriculture officer recruitment 2019 will schedule on 17th March 2019.
In this article, we have provided a complete description about GPSC Agriculture officer 2019 Syllabus and examination pattern. Candidates are advised to check the full article to know syllabus and pattern for Agriculture officer.
How to Crack GPSC Agriculture Officer Exam?
GPSC Agriculture Officer Exam Tips: Every One want to crack the examination of Agriculture Officer. But only talented and intelligent candidates will qualify the Prelims, Main and Interview round for this post with their own talent and sharp mind. Candidate must focus on the all important topics of this examination.
- First check GPSC Agriculture Officer Prelims & Main official Syllabus completely.
- Make a Study Plan and Give more & more time as you can for Study.
- Do not waste your time on other side and keep focus on your career.
- Include the Breaks after 02 hours study. Take 10-15 minutes break.
- Also make the short notes to revise / recall what you have studied earlier near to examination.
- Do not feel any kind of pressure and depression on your mind.
- Take the healthy diet and also focus on your health.
- Follow your study plan and complete your preparation before the examination.
- Take the help of Mock Test and Previous year paper.
GPSC Agriculture Officer Syllabus 2019:
- Agronomy: fundamental of Agronomy, introductory agro meteorology & climate change. Field crops (Kharif and Rabi). Crop Production technology (Kharif crops and Rabi Crops). Farming system and sustainable agriculture. Weed management, principles of organic farming, geoinformatics, nano-technology and precision farming, rained agriculture and watershed management.
- Genetics and plant breeding: fundamental of genetics, principle of seed technology, fundamentals of plant breeding. Crop improvement (Kharif and Rabi)
- Soil science and agriculture chemistry: fundamentals of soil science, manures, soil chemistry and soil fertility, fertilizers and soil fertility and nutrient management, problematic soils and their management, agro-chemicals.
- Entomology: fundamentals of Entomology, pests of crops and stored grains and their management, management of beneficial insects.
- Agricultural Economics: Fundamental of agricultural economics, agricultural finance and co-operation, agricultural marketing, trade and prices, farm management, production and resource economics, agribusiness management.
- Agricultural Engineering: Introductory soil and water conservation engineering, farm machinery and power, renewable energy and green technology, protected cultivation and secondary agriculture.
- Plant Pathology: fundamentals of plant pathology, diseases of field & horticultural crops & their management, principles of integrated pest and disease management, introductory nematology.
- Horticulture: fundamentals of horticulture, production technology for fruit and plantation Crops, production technology for vegetable, flowers, aromatic, medicinal plantation and spices, production technology for ornamental crops, MAPs and landscaping, post-harvest, management and addition of fruits and vegetables.
- Food science & Technology: principle of food science and nutrition, concept of food science, food composition and chemistry, food microbiology, principles and methods of food processing and preservation, food and nutrition, malnutrition, nutritional disorders, energy metabolism, balanced/modified dies, menu planning, new trends in food science and nutrition.
- Agricultural extension: fundamental and principles of agricultural extension education, extension systems in India, extension efforts in pre-independence era (sriniketan, Marthandam, firka development scheme, gurgaon experiment, etc.) and post-independence era Etowah pilot project, nilokheri experiment, etc. ) Various extension/ agriculture development programmes launched by ICAR/Govt. of India (IADP, KVK, IAAP, ORP, HYVP, IVLP, ND, NATP, NAIP, etc.). New trends in agriculture extension, Rural sociology & educational psychology, entrepreneurship development and business communication, extension methodologies for transfer of agricultural technology.
- Biochemistry/physiology/Microbiology/Environmental Sciences: fundamentals of Plant biochemistry and biotechnology, fundamental of crop psychology, agriculture microbiology, environmental studies and disaster management, introduction to forestry.
- Intellectual property Rights: introduction and meaning of intellectual property, brief introduction to GATT, WTO, TRIPs and WIPO, treaties for IPR protection, types of intellectual property and legislations covering IPR in India, origin and history including a brief introduction to UPOV for protection of plant varieties, protection of plant varieties under UPOV and PPV & FR Act of India, Plant breeders rights, registration of plant varieties under PPV & FR Act 2001, breeders, researcher and farmers rights.
- Animal production: livestock & Poultry management, role of livestock in the national economy, reproduction in farm animals and poultry, housing principles, space requirements for different species of livestock and poultry, management of calves, growing heifers and milch animals, management of sheep, goat and swine, incubation, hatching and brooding, management of growers, important Indian and exotic breeds of cattle, buffalo, sheep, goat, swine and poultry.
- Programmes and schemes of Union Government and state Government related to agriculture. Important agencies (including Board/corporation) of Union and state Government implementing various programmes and scheme related to agriculture.
- Current Trends and recent advancements in the field of agriculture science.
GPSC Agriculture Officer Exam Pattern 2019:
Exam Pattern of Preliminary test
Total questions-100 Medium : Gujarati Maximum Marks- 100
|1.||Geography of India-physical, economic, social, natural resources and population related topics- with special reference to Gujarat|
|2.||Cultural heritage of India-literature, art, religion and architecture- with special reference to Gujarat|
|3.||History of India with special reference to Gujarat|
|4.||India Economy and planning|
|5.||Indian polity and the constitution of India|
|6.||General mental ability|
|7.||General science, environment and information & communication technology|
|8.||Daily events of regional, national and international importance including sports|