What is the Fire Engineering ? What is Career in Fire Engineering? And Scope & Career Opportunities | Salary | Courses options in Fire Engineering. If you are also looking such questions, then you are at right place. Here on this page we are going to describe about the Fire Engineering & Career Opportunities for it. We also mentioned one of Top Institutes for Fire Engineering in India. So read this article and get the details about Fire Engineering Course.
Introduction to Fire Engineering:
What is the Fire Engineering? :- It is a field in which all aspects of Science & Technologies knowledge pertaining to Fire & Safety is linked. It is considered as one of the daring and toughest fields which deal with the designing of safer fire resistant equipment’s and plants. As obvious, the profession required a strong sensibility of commitment towards public services.
This profession also deals with the reducing the causality which happens on day to day basis by providing safety measure and increasing the parameters of standard of living. Managerial functions which aid in managing a fire fighting along with other psychological grooming required making a self reliant Fire Safety engineer/ Construction safety officer/ Environment officer.
Off course, it can be said that the profession can be considered as one of the noble profession because of its growing role in saving life and property. Fire engineering can be broadly defined as the application of science and engineering to protect and save the people life, property and the environment from harmful smoke and fire. The blog has been provided to motivate the fire engineer for their noble work. Because it is seen that many of the fire engineer do not even know scope and opportunities in their respective fire engineering field & therefore they would not be able to get as much as they deserve, but now they need not to worry because in this article, we are going to discuss Scope and Career opportunities in Fire Engineering. Check the below article –
Fire Engineering: Career Option & Opportunities:
Fire Engineering offers lots of career option and opportunities for those who are very much interested in grabbing the chance to develop and learning something new in that field. Candidates who have the degree in fire engineering are needed in management category in Fire services of government and public sector.
Services of fire engineering are always in high demand in businesses corporations, educational institutions, consulting set ups and government organizations across all over the world.
Fire engineer may find a respected employment in fire safety department in large companies. They may also recruited as fire brigades in many departments. In case if there is a fire breakdown, fire engineer are called to find the exact cause of the fire and determine the extent of damage. Fire engineers are responsible for the efficiency of fire safety equipment’s installed.
Some of the famous manufacturing companies and organizations likes textiles, petroleum refineries, fertilizers, petrochemicals and plastic, LPG and LNG handling and bottling plants, chemicals and other plants where there are risks of fire, enormous number of jobs are offered to fire engineers.
Fire departments of local government bodies, project management, insurance companies, aircraft industry, architectural and building design, industrial processing, and any area of safety where the possibility of fire or combustion represents a danger needs services of fire engineers. Fire Engineers may also recruited as the surveyors in insurance companies.
Courses Available in Fire Engineering:
- E in Fire Engineering
- Tech. in Fire and safety Engineering
- Post Graduation Diploma in Fire and Safety Engineering
- Diploma in Fire and Industrial Safety Engineering
- Diploma in fire and Safety Engineering management (DFSEM)
- Diploma in fire & safety engineering (DFSE)
- Diploma in Fire Engineering
- Diploma in Industial Safety Engineering (DISE)
- Certificate Course in Fire & Safety Engineering (CFSE)
Top Institutes/ Universities offering Courses in Fire Engineering & Fire Safety:
- Delhi Institute of Fire Engineering, New Delhi (Delhi) [www.dife.in]
- Gamstech International Institute, Hyderabad (Andhra Pradesh) [www.gemstechnologies.com]
- Cochin Shipyard Ltd. Kochi (Kerala) [www.cochinshipyard.com]
- Cochin University of Science and technologies: Safety and Fire Engineering (A.S.F.E), Kochi (Kerala), [www.cusat.ac.in]
- College of Fire and industrial Safety Engineering (C- F.A.I.S.E), Thrissur (Kerala)[www.faise.keralal.in]
- College of Fire Technologies, Ahmadabad (Gujarat) [www.collegeoffiretechnology.com]
- Government Polytechnic College, Kalamassery (Kerala) [www.gptckalamassery.org]
- I.F.E. (Hyderabad Institute of Fire Engineering), Hyderabad (Andhra Pradesh) [www.hifehyd.webs.com]
- Institute of Fire and Safety Technology (I.F.A.S.T), Tripunithura (Kerala) [www.ifastindia.com]
- National Fire Service College, Nagpur (Maharashtra) [www.nfscnagpur.nic.in]
- National Institute of Fire and Safety (N.I.F.E.) , Edappally (Kerala) [www.nifeindia.com]
- National Institute of Fire Engineering and safety Management, Vishakhapatnam (Andhrapradesh) [www.nifsindia.net]
Fire Engineering Salary Packages:
Though, there is not fix salary packages in govt. as well as pvt. Organization for a fire engineer. It depends upon various factors such as kind of organization candidate choose for, name of the position, working caliber, working experience etc. but in this section we are providing the average salary data which are collected from various resources.
So in Government Sector, a fire engineer may get Rs. 25,000 to Rs. 35,000 initially along with the other benefits and perks. The promotion will be offered to the individual as per his experience and other skills. In Private sector, candidates may get Rs. 30,000 to Rs. 45,000 in starting days and a time conditional promotion will be offered to them. However, readers of this page must remember that this may not be the exact data, they can achieve whatever according to their post promotions and based on performance etc.